Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally....

Ok after a month of neglect (ok maybe two!) I am going to make an effort to do better.
So, I'll start with a recap of the holidays. We had a really nice Christmas at Mom and Dad's. I had really dreaded making that drive again, but I am glad we did. We drove straight through the Sunday before Christmas. On Monday we ran errands in FS with Mom and had a little time with Papa and Granny Verne. Tuesday we drove over to Midland and enjoyed time with all of the Midland Yeagers. Uncle Dennis let the kids climb all over his fire truck which was all decked out in holiday decor. We did some last minute shopping then went to dinner with everyone. We were all excited to meet our cousin Hannah for the first time. She is such a doll! Then we got to ride around with "Santa" in his fire truck and look at Christmas lights. It was so much fun, the kids had a blast! Thank you Santa and Mrs. Claus for a fabulous evening! Wednesday we were back at the ranch and welcomed family friends, John, Denise and Mary Kate Rogers, as well as my oldest brother Patrick, Karla and her parents. I had not seen Pat in almost 3 years. He is doing really well and seems to be on a good path. I am very proud of him and hope he continues on this path. John, Amber and the kids joined the fun as well and the cousins all enjoyed each other.
Connor and Bryce were very surprised to get snowboards from Santa. Kate got a big horse as well as lots of other stuff. All in all it was a good time. On Friday we spent some time with my brother-in-law, Timothy. We went into FS and hit the bowling alley and arcade.
We made the long drive back to Breck on Sunday and were happy to be back in the snow (and out of the dust and wind!)

No comments: