Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving, etc.
























































Ok, I have been neglecting the blog for a couple of weeks. It's been a little busy. For starters, we made the long haul to TX for Thanksgiving. Whew...that drive just doesn't get shorter! We had a wonderful week. Got to see lots of family and friends. First on Sunday we went to my nephew, Byron's, 5th birthday party. The kids had a great time. Kate and Brooke are so cute together. They came over to Mom's a couple of times and the cousins really had fun together. On Monday, we enjoyed a visit and lunch with John's younger brother, Timothy, who is such a sweetheart. Then our close family friends Jason and Alaina Parker arrived at Mom and Dad's on Tues. They are always lots of fun. Thanksgiving day there was quite a crowd including my Papa who is handling his cancer treatment really well. My best friend Suzanne and her boyfriend also came which was awesome! I had not seen her in over a year! Casey showed up on Friday and we enjoyed our short time with him. We left Saturday morning. During the week, Connor and Bryce both did some hunting. There was quite a bit of drama because Bryce shot a deer on his first try. But thank heavens Connor finally got one before we left! It was the first time to shoot a deer for each of them.
The drive home seemed to last forever but we survived. It has been a busy week with kids activities and hockey pictures. For some reason I thought it would be great to do pictures for the entire hockey league. I'll be glad when I am finished...two more teams on Monday and I am done!

Now we are considering driving back to TX for Christmas. Crazy?? Yes, I think so. But it just would not be Christmas without family! Maybe I'll get a chance to see some family that I did not get to see Thanksgiving. (Jennifer- I SO want to meet Hannah!)

Enjoy the photos and I will try to blog again before Christmas.

Happy Holidays!!